Monday – Thursday:
9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Learning Resource Building, 2nd Floor
For more information, please contact: 816.604.2205
Academic Success Programs
Mission: to promote student learning, enhance the chances for student success, and contribute to student retention through personal and academic support.
Academic Success Programs provides FREE services to students currently enrolled at MCC. Services are designed to support students as they pursue their academic goals and become independent learners. The services provided assist with:
- Improving study skills
- Increasing understanding of course content
- Enhancing self-confidence
- Encouraging positive attitudes toward learning
- Increasing self-motivation
- Encouraging self-discovery and resiliency
Academic Tutoring - Assistance with course content. Focused on understanding course material – Math, Writing, and Other Subjects
Academic Intervention - Back on Track - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with resiliency techniques and study strategies. Focused on balancing academic and personal goals.
Academic Transition – College 100 - Peer Mentoring
- Assistance with the transition to college from the workplace or high school. Focused on creating effective habits and study strategies.
Academic Workshops - More information to come as to the dates, times, and content. Focused on developing academic success strategies